10 things you need to know before the opening bell – Business Insider India
Sign up for Insider Investing for your weekly
1. US futures slip as investors digest a rise in borrowing costs. See what markets are doing today.
2. BlackRock began to ‘dabble’ in bitcoin because investors are hunting for ‘storehouses of value.’ Rick Rieder said the extent of exposure to bitcoin depends on the composition of an investor’s portfolio.
3. Citadel’s Ken Griffin and Robinhood’s Vlad Tenev call for stock trades to be settled faster. Both said the current two-day settlement period added to the GameStop chaos at the end of January.
4. Barclays posts 38% slide in 2020 net profit. The bank will resume dividend payouts and commence a £700 million share buyback within weeks.
5. Credit Suisse’s annual net profit drops 22%. The Swiss lender’s earnings cap a tumultuous year for the bank, which began with the ousting of Tidjane Thiam as CEO.
6. Earnings expected. Walmart, Applied Materials, Roku, and Marriott are highlights.
7. On the data docket. Fed Reserve governor Lael Brainard’s speech, US jobless claims, and the US 4-week bill auction are due.
8. Cathie Wood made a career betting on the future. Insiders